View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Who the best and worst tippers?? (For Dealers, but anyone is welco

[ QUOTE ]
Boy, you really are a f***ing moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can assure you that Jordan is absolutely NOT a moron. I don't understand why he's getting flamed for asking why people tip. Isn't the impulse to question authority and convention one of the prerequisites for living an independant and intellectualy satisfying life? In fact, I dare say that the impulse to question convention is what inspires the vast majority of successful gamblers and poker players on this forum.

And for the record, I'm a young white male who tips very generously. It's good karma. Sharing prosperity leads to more prosperity.

As a specific example of this, I remember one 2/4 hand at Commerce where my opponent had two pair and I had an overpair. I didn't realize that the board had paired and he had been counterfeited until a few moments after I had already mucked my cards face down (but they hadn't been returned into the pile of cards.) As soon as I flipped them back up, the dealer awarded me the pot despite the other player's objections. Had I been a tightwad that never tipped, I have no doubt that I would not have been awarded this pot.

Like I said, good karma.