View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 03:47 AM

Default Another one misses the flop...

Hi All.

The hand below is fairly typical, and I wondered how you guys handle that sort of situation… thx in advance for comments.

20-40 Hold’em, 6-Max, Crypto.

Preflop.
3 fold to Hero, holding A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button. SB 3-bets, BB folds, Hero calls.
<font color="blue">SB seems to be a serious player, hasn’t shown anything that did not make sense…</font>

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players, 8 small bets).
SB bets, Hero raises, SB calls.
<font color="blue">I might be ahead, and try to make the hand less expensive if he has a small pocket pair (I might bet the turn and hope for a free showdown). Mostly I don’t know where I stand and I am trying to find out. Against a small pocket pair I have 10 outs anyway…</font>

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players, 6 big bets).
SB bets, Hero calls.
<font color="blue">It looks more and more like a pocket pair… but I still possibly have a bunch of outs if I am behind…</font>

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players, 8 big bets).
SB bets, Hero calls.
<font color="blue">A bad last card for me… but with 8 big bets in the pot and the atrocious 3-bets I sometimes see. It looks like a trivial call…</font>

All in all, I find myself calling spending 3 big bets post flop with ace high… that does not sound like a winning strategy to me…

Results to follow…