View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Crucial $215 Hand

[ QUOTE ]

TheUsher says this guy will auto bet this flop with any two and will be completing with most hands (that aren't already quite strong) in this situation pre-flop. Any two is a very large range. I am ahead of it most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, one player to a hand please. Ok, I noticed something where you knew something about this opponant, but didn't know what you knew.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The only reason to call the flop is to set up a bluff. If you are going to do that, you should probably make a decent sized raise on the turn to represent trips that are now protecting against the draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I can't raise on the turn...so I put in a bet that would either be a value bet if he has overs or would be enough to make him give up with his nothing hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. Baby Jebus is crying. I think you needed to bet more. I don't think 78 as opposed to 80 or 75 helps, but what do I know?

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, one aspect of this plan is to induce him to want to bluff the river...the question then is what river bet is callable (means 'I am bluffing')?

[/ QUOTE ]

That made baby Jebus puke. You want him to bluff into you so you can call with a pair of 5s-9kicker in level 2. You need to be the bluffer; he needs to be the bluffee, IMO.
[ QUOTE ]
I CAN'T RAISE THE TURN!!! HE DIDN'T BET!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, my bad, but don't go near my mother's skull!!!

You could either raise more, or check and make your move on the river. That might still let you keep your chips. If I were going to play the hand, I'd bet pot on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
If you mean go allin on the river...I thought about this for a few seconds among other actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

A possibility. I don't think the whole line that results in an allin bluff is good here and I don't think it is Giga-like. His recently posted allin bluff was in the live MTT on the bubble, with huge FE (if I recall). His laggy bluffs early in the $215 were ones that allowed him to keep a playable stack if they didn't work.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I didn't do when I was playing against SevnFigures last night where I made a stupid-ass bluff with my whole stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do tell, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Utterly idiotic. Just a post oak bluff allin in level 2 or 3 with a KKx board, 2nd to act out of 3, way way overbetting the pot. Playing with someone, who for some reason, I want to beat for reasons other than just the money, makes me inclined to tilt. I still resist the tilt most of the time, but sometimes it gets me.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In the other thread, I was talking about times where you are probably ahead of a donkey who is trying to make value bets with 2nd pair or TPcrappyK.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this situation different?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 2nd pair, crappy kicker. I want to beat top pair crappy kicker and 2nd pair any kicker before I call down the donkey. 2nd pair crappy kicker only beats uber-donkeys or geniuses.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Gigabet, if you don't think my use of 'gigabet-like' is appropriate here, feel free to challenge me to a $10 HU match.

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll probably spot you $2, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll spot him $2.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh...and to the original hand that I posted....what do you do on the river? Am I correct to assume it's a clear fold in your opinion here??

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not clear at all. I presume in the $215s he knows how to make a bet small enough to look like it wants a call and big enough to scare you a bit, without risking a huge portion of his stack. You now have to call 175 to win about 500. I think there's enough of a chance that he thinks you are full of s.h.i.t. with that 78 bet that this call is profitable.