View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Crucial $215 Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, 2nd pair, crappy kicker, no draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....figured it was best ~66% of the time.

[ QUOTE ]

There is no reason to call this down.

[/ QUOTE ]

TheUsher says this guy will auto bet this flop with any two and will be completing with most hands (that aren't already quite strong) in this situation pre-flop. Any two is a very large range. I am ahead of it most of the time.

[ QUOTE ]

The only reason to call the flop is to set up a bluff. If you are going to do that, you should probably make a decent sized raise on the turn to represent trips that are now protecting against the draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I can't raise on the turn...so I put in a bet that would either be a value bet if he has overs or would be enough to make him give up with his nothing hand. Frankly, one aspect of this plan is to induce him to want to bluff the river...the question then is what river bet is callable (means 'I am bluffing')?

[ QUOTE ]

If you want to represent hitting the straight on the turn, I guess you can wait until the river and push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh...pushing so much into the pot if I check behind on the turn planning on raising his bet seems too risky. But this would be 'giga-like' as far as I can tell, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

[ QUOTE ]

If you are going to make a gigabet-like move, I think you should raise the turn because you can still represent a solid hand without risking your whole stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I CAN'T RAISE THE TURN!!! HE DIDN'T BET!!!

If you mean go allin on the river...I thought about this for a few seconds among other actions.

[ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I didn't do when I was playing against SevnFigures last night where I made a stupid-ass bluff with my whole stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do tell, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

[ QUOTE ]

In the other thread, I was talking about times where you are probably ahead of a donkey who is trying to make value bets with 2nd pair or TPcrappyK.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this situation different?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Gigabet, if you don't think my use of 'gigabet-like' is appropriate here, feel free to challenge me to a $10 HU match.

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll probably spot you $2, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Oh...and to the original hand that I posted....what do you do on the river? Am I correct to assume it's a clear fold in your opinion here??

Yugoslav