View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: I want to help some noobs that will be at my next tournament

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm hosting a home NLHE tourney, and there will be a few people there that have no clue. For instance, one guy has asked that there be a hand ranking chart available.

So I'd like to win their money, but I'd also like them to have a good time, so they come back again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Announce a time to "get your feet wet" an hour and a half before the official tourney start time. Start out with the basic mechanics of the game, played with one hand face up so that all can see what is happening and how the board can change the game.

Then give out some chips (if possible, use a different set from what you are going to use later) and hold a quick little freezeout. You deal, and unless you are shorthanded, don't play. Stop after an hour, that gives you time to set up for the real tourney.

If you really want to be a generous host, give the winner (or whomever has the most chips after an hour) a bottle of wine or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea. I think I'll be doing this. Well, except for the wine part [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]