View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Who played this worse

I think you're about to win a real nice pot.

Only hands that beat you are KK, QQ, 99, KQ, K9, K8, Q9, Q8.

KK/QQ are out. 99 would have thrown in a raise on a draw-heavy board by now. KQ probably would have thrown in a raise instead of open limping.

K9/K8 could have been open-limped, but I'm doubting them since I'd have assumed that MP would have thrown out some sort of bet on the flop with a very co-ordinated board.

Q9/Q8 would have flopped third pair, which could have legitimately been checked around. One would think that picking up their two pair on the turn would have warranted a raise by someone, as the board is still definately scary for two-pair hands.

So which hands would MP have played like this that you beat? JT probably would have raised you up when they made their straight on the turn, with 3 other folks in and presumably someone drawing at the flush. I'm leaning toward MP having the trip kings. KJ/KT would have likely swung at the flop, so I'm thinking it was a scared king that got a little bolder after the flop checked around, and maybe even a suited king in clubs. If I had to pick any one hand that MP might have, I'd go with something like K6 of clubs.

Re-raise and try to double up.