View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Things to Know Before My First Big Multi?

I really dont think you need to worry too much, you have more than enough game to know what's going on. A couple of notes though.
1. you should be attacking blinds well before you fall to 10x, so if the average stack is 25x and you have 35x for example start pounding away. Don't steel from somebody when you will be committed to call if they reraise all-in though, thats just asking to bleed chips aways.
2. as the blinds get steeper and the stacks get shallower you should be adjusting your standard opening raise down. The fossilman rule of thumb is to use the smallest amount that you think has a reasonable chance of stealing the blinds.
3. Given the shorter stacks its easier to get all-in on the flop with a big draw (where with deeper stacks the money generally doesn't get in untill a later street) which makes semi-bluffing more correct.
4. With shallow stacks you need to focus on winning a very high percentage of the pots you play rather than winning big pots a smaller percentage of the time. Thats a very important change as the tournament gets later.

Like I said, I think most of this stuff will come second nature to you as your a kick ass player. Oh, and if your playing the 1500NL on friday we're all meeting that morning around 11:00 before the tourney starts.