View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Party Poker EFT for Canadian Accounts.

[ QUOTE ]
Heres a much simpler solution.

Change the currency of your Neteller account from Canadian funds to US funds.

Keep sufficient funds in place at neteller so you never have to deposit again.

Then withdrawl from neteller without the 2% charge

[/ QUOTE ]

My Neteller account IS in US funds. That has nothing to do with the problem I'm attempting to circumvent.

You are still paying service charges and are not even aware of it. Having you account in USD does not solve the entire problem.

Neteller (like all major banks) charges you a fee to convert your money from US to CDN. When you withdraw from your Neteller account (in US funds) to your Canadian bank account, Neteller charges you a fee to convert this US money back to Canadian.

If you request Neteller to send you a check in US funds, you can take it to your Canadian bank to deposit the check. However, when you make the deposit, your bank will also charge you a transaction fee to convert the funds to Canadian dollars. It is (almost) unavoidable.

On a $4000 exchange, the transaction fee is approx $130. There is very little difference in this fee between Neteller and all major Canadian banks. To whom you choose to pay this money to comes down to your preference.

Having your Neteller account in US funds saves you from having to pay this transaction fee when transfering your money from Neteller to a poker site that does business in $USD. However you will get pinched when taking the money out of Neteller and have them deposit it into your CDN bank account.

Party and Empire allow you to withdraw from their site directly to your CDN account via EFT - and the charge ZERO in transaction fees. However they may not appreciate me depositing large(ish) chunks of money from my Neteller account to their site only to immediately transfer the money out, taking advantage of their fee free EFT.

NOTE - watch the next time you deposit into a crypto site that only accepts deposits in GBP. You get nailed with transaction fees for the conversions from USD to GBP.