View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 09:50 AM

Default Theoretical Questions regarding Poker Bots

Please be aware of two things:

1) I know that having a bot play your poker for you is highly against the rules at any poker sites you could even think of.

2) I have zero inclination and even less ability to implement such a nefarious scheme with my own play.

I enjoy playing poker and do not do it to get rich. I am not looking for someone to build a poker bot and I'm not looking for someone to sell me one.

However, I am interested in a theoretical discussion about how feasible it is to create a bot that plays 16 SNGs at once with a positive ROI so all the owner of the bot/program would have to do is sit back and let the bot make all the plays. Or plays high-stake cash games.

I am sure that any online poker place will notice sich a thing immediately so I don't think it's a good idea. I am only wondering if it was possible in theory and if it would be profitable in practice because such a concept intrigues me.

See, I don't think it would work because poker is not just about the cards - even at limit (although I agree that this seems easier for limit games than NL or PL ones) and I think that programming a machine to every decision would be nearly impossible and that skillful players would eventually crack the "code" of such a machine as easy as I used to crack PacMan in the arcades of my youth.