View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 05:11 PM

Default Re: i can suck out too

thank you for your response.

to be honest with you, i can't really take any of your critiques with any sort of feeling that you know what you're talking about.

for one, you didn't pay very much attention to what you read, it seems to me that you are just trying to be as non-constructively critical as you possibly could and you just wanted to berate me for getting lucky.

sure i was behind. sure i did get lucky.

first off i stated that these players were making some not so good pre-flop raises, and a lot of people call with absolute garbage.

let's see i flop an open ended straight, with bottom pair, and you want me to fold for one bet?????? do you wear a sign when you play that says "bet me out, i'm weak"?

i'll raise this everytime with this texture of players in my game.

ok, so i get 3-bet and you want me to fold again?

i'm getting around 15 to 1 odds here.

on the turn i make 2 pair. not that great. i agree. he bets and you think i should raise? if i call, and the button calls (which i was positive he would) i get around 17.5 to 1 odds. if i raise i only get approx. 9 to 1 odds on my bet. then what do i do if i get reraised?

(allright, i know my math is not right, but i think it's close)

this last staetment:

"The river brought your lucky 4 out sure winner. Lets face it you got lucky on this particular hand and went runner runner to stack the chips. IMO you should of never been in this hand, you were behind at least one player on the flop and both at the turn. You started stong ran none of the calling stations out and then pussyfooted to an extremely lucky win. I'm not trying to discourage this play because the majority of the time you lose and I hope I'm playing you when it happens.

As far as your last comment about what the others were holding, being stupid cards....They had you beat! until you got lucky."

for you to say i should have never been in this hand is, in my opinion, is flawed thinking.

this last statement proves to me that you didn't pay particular attention. of course i was behind on the flop. it's fairly obvious that i was raising on the come, not on my bottom pair. on my raise, 2 people folded, which in my opinion, was not that great thing to happen, i was hoping for them to call.

i stated that the button had something stupid like A7o. i did not say they both had stupid cards.

if you never play your draws, then you should not be playing poker IMO.

once again i thank you for your response, because it has given me a chance to really think about the hand.

anyone else have and comments?