View Single Post
Old 05-29-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Your thoughts on 10/20 actually being less profitable than 5/10?

I never meant for this thread to turn to 'is 10/20 beatable' or 'who's beating 10/20'.

Cleary the game is beatable, and for go
od money. What I was going after is, how profitable is the game relative to other levels of SHed play, or even the same stakes at other sites other than Party.

Personally, I've found Party's 15/30 full tables that have gone short to be far easier than the typical 10/20 table filled with 3-4 regulars. I've also done well enough at 5/10 running 6 tables (more than I could safely run at 10/20) to make it so that 5/10 is on the whole more profitable for me. That, with much less stress and basically not much in the way of downswings.

However, I couldn't agree more with what Arkady said about multi-tabling stunting your poker growth and leading to burnout, and I think Togni's comments on table difference's are so true. Some 10/20's play very easy. But I find the majority don't, unless I just have bad luck when it comes to finding juicy tables. And I do know that it is important to keep moving up through the limits, so I play 15/30 as my full time game and am taking shots at 30/60 as well.

Maybe the answer is above 10/20 rather than lower. I'm just feeling like 10/20 isn't an optimal difficulty/stress to $$/hr tradeoff. For those of you that play higher than 10/20 or 15/30 on a regular basis, are the short games that much more difficult than a tough 10/20 table?