View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 11:00 AM

Default Re: attn: Vegas vets -- trip advice requested

The Stardust is actually more than a 15 minute hike to the Mirage. Our last trip we stayed at the Westward Ho which is right next door to the Stardust (and a dump to boot) and one of my friends walked back from the Mirage one night and it took him 45 minutes. One bad thing is that they are doing a ton of construction on that side of the strip just south of the Stardust so there's no sidewalk there. You'll have to cross the street twice to avoid it.

I'd recommend looking at Harrahs, Imperial Palace, Barbary Coast, etc...

You can get contact info for those and others at cheapovegas.com.

FWIW, it's only about a $5-6 taxi ride from the Stardust to the Mirage. We'd walk from the Ho over to the Stardust's valet/taxi area and catch cabs from there. It was only about a 5 minute walk for us and cabs aren't exactly lined up at the Ho so we really had no choice.

BTW, I wouldn't recommend the Ho nor can I recommend their $1.49 footlong hotdogs. [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img]

I think someone had posted on here a short while back about cheap rates at the Treasure Island so you might check into that as well.

In short, if you want a place within a 15 minute walking distance I don't think the Stardust is your place. One thing to consider though - the Stardust does have a poker room so if you don't feel like walking you can always play there. We walked through last time during the day and there were several tables going. Old crusty rockish types though.