View Single Post
Old 05-29-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: adventure with AJo

Ok, well i play mostly 3/6 5/10, and i wasn't sitting at the table watching the players.

However i would have folded on the flop.. It's the UTG player you most have to worry about. He called a limp-reraise 2 bets cold, then leads into both of you on the flop.His possible hands 33, AQ, Ax, Suited Clubs, if he is very passive preflop QQ. The whole hand dosen't make a lot of sense, like a lot of low limit hands. Even if MP2 was a donkey a limp re-raise is usually a BIG hand. Had it been heads up i would have put him to task but with you calling two bets cold your in deep trouble. Heres the hands you could beat at this point: KK, KQ, QJ, AT or lower, JJ or lower. Hands that beat you that he likely has: AK, AQ, 33, QQ, AA.
Maybe the turn meant they were afraid you just made two pair with AK or a set of K's to beat their QQQ?

The bet on the river by MP2 makes no sense to me unless he is full of [censored] and was Aggro on 66 or A6. These don't seem like great players but i would have put one or both on 2 pair or a set, leaving you with few if any outs.

Even if they are idiots you will lose more times then you would win going ahead with this hand past the flop. This is exactly the situation that people talk about AJ losing a lot of money for you. You are likely dominated or beat by two pair or a set.

Unless these players routinely overplay rediculous hands your beat.. If you won this count yourself lucky because you won't in the long run.