View Single Post
Old 05-29-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: the end of 2+2 as we know it...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've gotten far more from this site than I could ever hope to give back, and I don't begrudge anyone their opportunity to do the same.

New people are going to come along, just like I did, you did, and the OP did. I didn't find this site because I'm special or deserving of a break, but I'm happy I did, and if someone else comes along and enjoys the place I'm happy for them as well.

Martin

[/ QUOTE ]

you have no idea how many people *bitterly* disagree with you.

i feel the same way as you martin, but i learned a long time ago that people will stick a shiv in you for talking this place up to strangers.

things have changed now because there are just so many new people, but i used t get my ass jumped in public AND by PM's from close friends that told me to shut my damn mouth and stop sending people here. close friends got nastyass with me and some still don't talk to me.

this is a touchy subject for many, and i could never understand the big deal. as long as new people come to the game, a few more pros won't hurt nobody.

also, the more people we 'develop' may turn into excellent posters and contributors that will actually help sustain the community.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are the same people who don't tell you how the fireball on Street Fighter works, because they are afraid that they have to get better themselves.