View Single Post
Old 05-04-2003, 11:30 PM

Default What hand has a better chance at being...

A2o
KQs

Which of the two has the better chance at being ahead on the flop? (so the turn and river are unplayable).

right now I will assume A2o is greatly ahead on the the flops so I think A2o made the correct play by raising against hands that were most likely behind on the flop. If they call and they flop nothing then A2o can bet the flop correctly and Since A2o is ahead most of the time then there is positive expectation from raising on the button.

Since KQs has only to commit 3400 chips to win an additional 4400 chips and has a 45% or so chance of winning KQs has positive expectation. I do not know what the expectations would be to call and see a flop and play from there but it could be negative (I am not a math [or even poker] whiz)
if KQs put in all the chips and got the others to fold that would be great, no risk of losing chips! but since A2o has positive expectation to call A2o should call.

IMO both players put in their chips with positive expectation. so i guess both players played correctly unless they are risk averse for some reason

My initial reaction to the question: (but is there more?)
It seems like overall A2o has a slight advantage when going all in against KQs. (53% or 54%) to (45% or 46%). with 1 % or so chance to tie. (correct? I am unsure)

By going all in both players have positive expectation versus folding or not going all in. Since more information was not given about the hand, ie tournament status, opponent tendencies I did not try to include any other possibly relevant information
---------