View Single Post
Old 05-04-2003, 07:36 PM

Default Re: More Arab lies spread by Alger

I think the Palestinians should get some land back from Israel--whether that amount is 22% (settlements?) I have no idea--and the Palestinians should also get some land back from Jordan (and Syria?) (funny how the Palestinians never send suicide bombers there to try to get their land back). Let them split Jerusalem.

As for Israel itself, no I don't think the Palestinians should or will get it back. The American Indians aren't getting Washington back either (although their claim to it is, or at one time was, probably greater than the Palestinians' claim to Israel). What happened in the Mideast happened for many reasons, and even had the stamp of U.N. approval. There's also plenty of land for the Palestinians between the above three contries holding their designated partitioned lands.

Also, Israel represents I believe 1/980 of the total Arab land mass, and Palestinians are essentially Arabs--they were never considered a separate race or culture until the last 30 years or so of turmoil. Jews on the other hand are a separate culture and have suffered immense persecutions in Arab lands long before the formation of Israel. Seeing as how both parties can't just seem to get along, and both have a long historic claim to the area, it apparently made sense at that time for the world to designate a miniscule chunk of Arab desert as Jewish homeland. Massive return now would essentially destroy Israel. The Palestinians need to give up on this dream because it's just not going to happen. Advocating and practicing violence in order to get this dream will just lead to their failure to get even a state of their own alongside Israel. They need to adjust to a new dream, and work towards that new free state, and then try to make it flourish and grow instead of devoting their energies to fighting an impossible quest which has only brought, and will only bring, greater misery.