View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" WSOP Payment Info and other stuff

From what I can tell, marketing and those sorts of things just seem to be way outside of the grasp of the poker minded. It doesn't explain the math issues with the payouts, but if you look at a lot of the poker sites, books, etc. there is a lot to be lacking.

the 2+2 site is horrid from a website/appeal standpoint. The books have awesome quality but their covers and bindings leave a lot to be desired. all of the poker dvd commercials are poor, several of the poker site commercials are poor, many of the poker players sites are poor, like daniel negreanu's, phil hellmuth's, etc.

I couldn't imagine the cost of someone hired to make things look more polished wouldn't be more than made up for in increased sales, but who knows. I know that when i look at barnes and noble in the poker section, the shitty books look the best and catch the eye, but the best books, 2+2 look like 70's reissues that might be collectibles. The circa '73 photos of sklansky and malmuth on them particularly give off this vibe.

If ESPN doesn't alter the payouts, I'm sure they will get toyota to put in enough to make it an 8 mill 1st prize or some other sponsor sot hey dont look like tards int ehir broadcasts by falsly rounding it up, or quoting out the actual numbers, if they are correct.

btw, my post is nothing more than what i hope to be constructive criticism of 2+2. the books are great and the site is nice even with some of the trolls, my complaints are purely cosmetic, and i think form should always follow function, but the function has been in place for years.