View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 09:04 AM

Default Re: Have a good laugh at this one

Preflop, limping on the button in a multiway pot makes a huge range of flops dangerous to him. His small reraise makes it wrong for anyone to fold even if they know he has AA.

On the flop, of course he doesn't know I have the nuts, but he certainly knows *he* doesn't have a club, and he gives 3 opponents odds to call.

but wouldn't you (or at the very least most opponents) have played this pretty similarly with a hand like QQ with Q of clubs

If you mean he might have played this similarly with QQ, one club -

Would I limp from the button with QQ, only double the bet when it's minraised back to me with 4 opponents, then only bet 1/4 the pot on a monochrome flop with a draw to only the 3rd nut flush??

If you mean I might have played QQ, one club like this against his actions, that's even more absurd. Especially checkraising the flop into a guy whose preflop play screamed AA *and* 2 other opponents when I don't have the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I guess all you newbies out there don't get the concept of humor or irony. The purpose of this post was not to say "look how great I played this hand," but to show how his poor play opened up the door to his aces getting cracked. That's OK. I don't post much on here any more, so you're not familiar with me. Maybe I should've put some smileys in.

The one valid criticism of my play is limping with a medium suited A with 6 players left to act. I have to fold to any reasonble raise. At every point after that preflop (postflop, obviously the hand plays itself), nobody make a reasonable raise.

If you're saying I should raise/fold initially preflop, that's reasonable (I might disagree, but that's a different argument), if you're saying at any point thereafter preflop I should have folded, that's flat out wrong.