View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: A Discussion regarding Online Poker is Rigged (long)

Very well thought out post. If true, scary..........

That said, A little about me.....I have been playing on Party Poker January 2004....... I did win a seat on the Party Poker Million III and placed pretty decently for a tourny of this size (in the money). My B & M experience is much more vast, but online poker is easier to get to when you live in Atlanta.

During my tenure playing on Party Poker I have played every thing from 2-4 to 15-30 holdem, and up to $600 NL plus tourny's.

Last year I swung up and down like most poker players, and at one point during a weird loosing streak, wrote to Party Poker to say I thought something was fishy.

Break to 2005.......This year began about even for the first 4 months, till April when I could have been Hellen Keller and won.... No matter the format, I was clocking. I cashed out.

Since May 5th, I have been getting dished bad beat after bad beat. Examples
-On big blind, medium pocket pair, flop set, anly to be beat buy a guy who flops bigger set......
- Flop two pair, and get beat by someone on a flush draw catching 4 to the flush on river eventho he is being raised aggressively. This happened to me 3 tourny's in a row the same day...........

Do I have scientific proof that Party Poker software is flawed or worse someone is manipulating it? No....... Do if feel like there are modes the software goes into for ea. player, that will either assist his hand or hinder it, and that there are certain things that trigger one mode vs. another? Yes. I average enough hands online to spot trends ( Like Jacks and 7's many times flop or show up on the board together at Party Poker).

When I wrote to Party Poker during and after this past 3 week debacle, they try to sugar coat things, and reassure that they are monitored by the Govt. of Gibralter and independant auditors and that the systems they use are the most sophisticated that they ensure fairplay and true randomness...............

To this I say that my neighborhood kids could whip the army Gibralter would put on the field of battle........

The auditors are not Price Waterhouse or Arthur Anderson....

Any software can be manipulated no matter the encryption, especially if it has hooks and triggers built in......

Suffice to say that I will no longer partake in online poker. Bricks and mortar for me where my record darn good, and all I have to worry about is the guys around the table.

I know some will say this post is sour grapes and that loosing streaks are just a part of poker..... If you were in my shoes after this go around, you would absolutely see me point if you know anything at all about poker is my response.

Good luck all.....