View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: A Discussion regarding Online Poker is Rigged (long)

Great post!!! I feel you have many good points as to why a site would be rigged. I no longer play online because of the possibility of it being rigged. I was a 3bb winner for close to three years when the huge downswing happened to me in march. I was up $6800 for the year playing 2+2 style in 3-6, 5-10 limit. I went on a huge downswing where many sets, flushes, two pair were being beat on the river. After going over the hand histories and looking for leaks I found I played the hands correctly and was just being outdrawn. After taking a break and going back the same thing was happening to me. I decided it was not worth it anymore and now play home games as I was playing to much and it was mentally getting to me. Do I think its rigged? I don't think so, as these sites are already making huge money and do not need to cheat. It really doesn't make much sense for them to do this for the fear of being caught and losing it all. That being said it is unregulated and would be easy for them to do. I know it was a bad run and probably nothing more. Most people who complain are long term losers. Most people here are winning players. This leads me to beleive its not rigged.
The question I ask is what are players win rates online vs B@M. They are probably comparable to one another. Until there is proof, most of us will flame those who say it is rigged.