View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 09:46 AM

Default Re: Mini-Raise blind steal, I\'m SB with AKo...

I would be afraid of that raise, if the player who did it was a reasonable agressive players. Its exactly the type of play I would make with a hand like TT-AA (cant give free card, but want callers).

If he was on a steal, he is much to cheap, so unless he is a bad player I think we could rule that out. A 2BB raise gives the BB positive EV with just about any 2 cards, unless the raiser has a monster.

I would smooth call here, see the flop and then check-fold (or call if its cheap) unless I hit it. Sounds weak, I know, but thats what I would do. If an A of K hit on flop, I would go for a check raise, and then it will be really hard for him to put me on AK.

The key here is the small raise. Unless the player who makes that raise is very weak, I think we can rule out blind stealing and a hand like A2-AK. Most likely is a medium-high PP.

I think this is one of these rare cases where a raise is much worse than a call. Since you are the blind, and he probably suspects that you suspects that he is on a steal, he wont put you on a good hand and will probably call with a medium PP. And you do not want that (or atleast I would not, I prefer to have better EV than that).

But then again, he could be a weak player with AJ, in which case you should reraise [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]