View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 11:33 PM

Default Re: For AndyFox et.al.

Groups that have been singled out for special mistreatment historically have organized themselves to watch out for their interests. If there were no anti-black racism in the United States, there would never have been a need for a Congressional Black Caucus. If women were treated fairly, there would never have been a need for the National Organization for Women. If Jews had been treated fairly there would never have been a need for the ADL.

White supremicist groups want to treat blacks like second class citizens. Groups like the Congressional Black Caucus want to assure that blacks are not treated like second class citizens.

Groups such as the Congressional Black Caucus are needed because of people like you, who don't want to live near blacks or eat in restaurants where they eat. And who don't want to have to let blacks live where they want to live or eat where they want to eat merely because they are black. And who don't want them to be on television, because they're being forced down your throat.

The reason that black groups are trying to instill pride in being black is because for so many years people like you have made them feel ashamed of being black.

Just to make sure I'm not wrong about what I think that you think: I am interpreting your past posts to indicate that you do not think the government should not allow you to disciminate against blacks (or any other racial or ethnic group). If you don't want to rent an apartment you own to blacks or Jews or Arabs simply because they are black or Jewish or Arab, or let them eat in a resstaurant you own, that should be your business. Correct?