Thread: running bad!!
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 02:21 AM

Default Re: running bad!!

[ QUOTE ]
With the AA a couple of you say I slowplayed it. I'm surprised noone picked up on that I was just calling down because it looks like he may have KK. But what do you do on the river when he checks it? Check behind? Not really a slowplay.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you weren't slowplaying here, your thinking was even worse. A typical UTG (you give no reads) will cap JJ+ and AK. If you have a tighter read, you may limit this further. Mathematically, you are way ahead of his range of hands, with AK being the most likely hand. You have to raise the flop. If he 3-bets you, you apply a read: specifically, if he might play AK this way you have to cap (if he won't, you can usually fold the turn UI, though I favor capping). If UTG leads you on the turn after the cap, you CAN usually fold. If UTG doesn't lead, but raises you at any point, you can fold. Establish the value of your hand on the flop, so that by the turn you can put your opponent on a hand or useful range of hands with some confidence. Then play accordingly.

In the KJ hand you were railroaded. You played fine (you can checkraise the river here vs. most players) and ran into a fairly improbable hand. Happens.