View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Party bonuses - why none for SNG players?

I sent an email to Party but got their basic "too bad" response. My feeling is that Party should offer bonuses to ALL their players, not just ring game players. SNG players may not pay traditional per-hand rake - but we do pay our share of tournament fees, and pump a lot of money into Party's profits. So why should we have to switch to ring games in order to clear a bonus, when we prefer SNGs?

Stars, for example, allows SNG players to earn bonuses. I've noticed Stars is offering more reload bonuses than usual lately (there's a new one today) - which means I'll most likely be giving most of my business to Stars until I've cleared the bonus.

I think it's short-sighted and unfair of Party to exclude such a large source of their customer base, SNG players, from collecting the bonuses offered other players. I shouldn't be forced to switch to ring games any more than Omaha players should be forced to play Holdem to clear a bonus.

Has anyone else written to Party about this? I'd like to think if enough big-time SNG players complain, they might change their policies. (And yes, I realize that for the big-buyin SNG players, the reload bonuses aren't very significant anyway, but it's the principle. Besides, not all of us play high limits, and an extra $100 or $200 a month would be nice for small-stakes players like me.)