View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Following my Favourite Fish (off topic)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How's this different than looking for a high VPIP table?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play this game very long (less than 6 months [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]) but I think that after you have read all the books and all the 2+2 threads, there is only one way to improve your game. Play against good players. This is not the most profitable but when you are doing your fisrt steps you care less about maximising your profits (you won't make a fortune in 0.5/1) and more about getting better.

And of course you still look for high VPIP tables most of the times but you shouldnt avoid the challenge of sometimes playing better opponents and at higher stakes.
My initial complaint was about the style of chasing the "idiot" and trying to befriend him etc. Let's stay focused on the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think playing at .50 1. will expose you to high levels of play that will allow you to improve your game so much that you will become a great highstakes poker player?

A lot of the players are playing to build thier bankroll. Which means you must find games that are profitable. If you want to learn how to beat High stakes, you must play High stakes. You will not learn much on how to beat high stakes from playing the low limits IMO, so you might as well learn how to beat bad players and increase your BR so you can start playing Higher Stakes and learn.