View Single Post
Old 04-30-2003, 08:16 PM

Default This is not a debate

There is nothing to prove about what I stated in my post. What I stated --and beyond-- about Israeli policies has been revealed and extensively documented by western historians, journalists and academics. All of them honest and decent persons to a fault, quite a few of them Jewish.

About the doctrine of the Iron Wall ("Jews must build around Israel an Iron Wall upon which the powerless Arabs shall gaze with impotence"; "Israel must always negotiate with Arabs from a position of absolute and unchallenged military supremacy") : Check out "Israel and the Arab World" by Avi Shlaim. See Israel's history as revealed by the major Israeli leaders themselves. Moshe Dayan is particularly and shockingly candid.

About the invention of "Ancient Israel" and the collateral denial of any Palestinian claim to nationality or sovereignty. Check out "The Silencing of Palestinian History" by Keith Whitelam, ably assisted by Frank Frick, et al.

About the Jerusalem issue and its history of consistent Zionist policy of total annexation, check out "The Struggle for the Holy City" by Bernard Wasserstein.

If you care for a sober and even-handed history of the 1948 War check out "The War for Palestine : Rewriting the History of 1948", edited by Eugene Rogan and Avi Shlaim.

The much-maligned and much-abused struggle of the Palestinians for national liberation is extensively and quite revealingly documented in "Search for a State" by Yezid Sayigh.

As to the infamous Oslo accord myth about Israeli generosity, one could find no braver volume than "The Other Israel: Voices of Refusal and Dissent" edited by Jonathan Shainin, David Grossman, and others.

Two books by Norman Finkelstein, to round things up. The first is about the Holocaust industry, i.e. the shameless flogging of the Holocaust by Zionists in order to promote Israeli policies -- or worse (e.g. to make a few bucks!) : "Reflections on the Exploitation of Jewish Suffering". The second is about the distorted reporting about the conflict in the western media and it's quite an eye-opener: "Image and Reality of the Israel-Palestine Conflict".

Really, there is nothing to debate.