View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Super Monday Tricky River Decision

This line of play looks like you decided before your pre-flop call that you were going to re-raise the expected bet from the LAG on the flop if you were heads up, no matter what the flop was.

You also said you "expected him to lay it down the majority of time". This has not been my experience with table bullies. They can't keep stealing pots if they fold to a re-raise on the flop, and they know it.

If you really want to use your position to take the bully on (which is what I assume you are doing given ATo), why not re-raise pre-flop to isolate him, then fire at the flop? I think you have more fold equity both pre-flop and on the flop this way.

I also think the money you put in with the flop raise would have been better spent on the turn, where against a bully the fold equity is, once again, higher.

After re-raising the flop, and with 9 outs to the nut flush, 3 more outs to the nut straight I don't understand why you didn't bet the turn. Villan probably doesn't either.

You have to call the river, even though your betting has done nothing to define the villan's hand. He could have anything. Once you checked the turn you knew he was going to bet the river, figuring you for a re-steal on the flop.