Thread: Guatemala.....
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 07:40 AM

Default Re: Guatemala.....

[ QUOTE ]
Im taking little money and ill even be weary to carry my camera or phone on me (although my phone may be needed if something happens ggrrr)

[/ QUOTE ]
I havn't been to Guetemala or indeed anywhere in Central Amerika. But I have been to some out-of-the-way places in South East Asia. The by far best way to carry money for me has been a combination of a pouch you have hanging from your belt on the inside of your pants and a money-belt with a zipped pocket on the inside of the belt.
The pouch is barely visible and almost impossible to steal without making you strip. And even if someone makes you strip to get the pouch chanses are they'll not find the belt.

Usually I've had a couple of hundred US$ (in 20:s or so)in the belt to take care of emergencies and the bulk of my money in the pouch together with passport and any other vital document you are carrying. Of course you don't need that much money if you don't expect to go very far from the nearest bank.

When on the move or staying at basic hostels/guesthouses I normally never let my passport leave touch of my body.