Thread: Guatemala.....
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Guatemala.....

[ QUOTE ]
Well, being a girl with highlights in her hair probably wont help but if you are going with one guy from El Salvador then you will be alright when you are doing whatever you are going there to do. He probably wont know the area but at least you will have one spanish speaker with you.

[ QUOTE ]
Hotels can be dangerous so they have seperated us throughout the village to live with families (which we must eat all our meals with) which also presents a problem b/c of my langauge barrier and the fact that im an extremely picky eater (ive got medical probs as well) hhahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

bueno suerte! Serouisly, I dont know what type of families you are going to be staying with but if you dont speak spanish and are a picky eater you might have some problems. I am sure its not as bad as I am making it seem and you will probably have a great time but there are going to be a lot of times where you arent going to know what is happening. Having studied spanish for a couple years in HS/college and having to apply that spanish are two totally different things. I would imagine the families you are going to be put with are probably higher class and probably have a english speaker or two in the family though. I highly doubt they would drop you in the middle of a thrid-world country living with some poor family who doesnt speak a word of english.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope...totally the opposite...its lower class village people