View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 03:50 AM

Default **A Plan for Cleaning Up OOT

I now submit to you my plan for making OOT a better forum. I propose a group of us form together in a membership style group and adhere to some rules that should prove quite effective. The alternative of course, is that OOT heads down it’s current path of noobery and “pooper” references. Tentative rules:

*members will keep a master list of OOT posters that are to be ignored by all members (this is the main point of doing this)
*original members will agree upon a set list of who the original members are
*subsequent members will be agreed upon by enough of the members so as the entire group can be confident in the judgement
*subsequent members shall have as much say as original members, and membership will be devoid of any tangible heirarchy
*members will not respond to posts by blacklisted members
*membership will be based solely on content, not opinion
*members will be expected to conduct themselves in a manner that is not a detriment to OOT
*Members may be voted out/in again as necessary
*Members may use an agreed-upon symbol or tagline to identify new topics that are suitable and enjoyable for other members, although this is not required.

Now, my tentative list for people I think should agree to this to make it awesome:

daryn
[censored]
wacki
cnfuzzd
whiskeytown
TSC
patrick del poker grande
inthacup
bisonbison
Michael Davis
GoT
Dynasty
Clarkmeister
MicroBob
Talk2BigSteve
rmarotti
Chris Daddy Cool
El Diablo
Jack of Arcades
Duke
B00T
ZeeJustin
Eurotrash
MEbenhoe
TimM
bernie
Sponger
Lawrence Ng
boris
Homer
lazymeatball
sublime
gorie

Now, if anyone from this list replies, I have 3 questions for you:

1) Would you be on board for this plan or something similar?

2) Who do you have on ignore right now?

3) Who do you think should be on this list of good OOT people?

Thanks. Also, if someone from the list could compile a list of ignored names from posters who replied, that would be a sweet starter-kit for mass ignoring. This way, even if the plan is a total flop, we can at least get something out of it. Disregard anyone's reply who was either not on the list or recommended by someone who was.