Thread: 76o BB
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Re: 76o BB

I'm not really a big fan of doing this with 7 high. A lot of times when a guy is in the mood to bully you around there is no way in hell he is going to dump any sort of reasonable hand against you. If he has a hand that has any showdown value at all he is going to go to showdown. And you've got 7 high. I would just suck it up until I picked up something with some showdown value, then do the 3-bet macho moves.

One thing that the bully will do, though, is keep betting a totally hopeless hand because he thinks you are a weakie and will fold. So I would check-call this river without really worrying about it. Sometimes the bullies just get in the betting flow and if there were 10 streets they would bet every single street with 9 high hoping you will fold on each one. I can't see doing anything other than check-calling ths river here.

You decided to go to war with the bully with 76. 76 pairs are usually bottom pair. Gotta reap what you sow and check-call with it. I hope you showed him what you wanted to show him!