View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 12:19 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (5/21)

[ QUOTE ]
What's with all the commenting on the hands in progress by players at the Bike? Russ said when he went all in one of the players immediately said, "Aces." Why don't they stop that crapola? Where is the floorman?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's everywhere in these small games at least in LA. I mostly play limit but today I played a little no limit in another card club and we had a few players often doing play by play on critical hands. I spoke up that this is out of line although I hate being table captain. But this is just so far over the line and bad for the game. Maybe these people are practicing for an audition for a poker show on cable.

Anyway, Hero (seat 9) and I are reading this thread as we watch a live stream of this Saturday's game on the other screen. We really felt bad for Russ G. - he took some beats but played well. Got to meet him after his bad beats and he seemed like a great guy, especially considering what happened. Even Yana's heart bleed for him (about 52 minutes into the broadcast).

~ Rick

PS Hero might try to lock up seat nine in a two or three weeks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]