Thread: 76o BB
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: 76o BB

I think check/calling is about the only thing that works here. Any kind of raising is just out of the question, because there is nothing he'd call with that you beat.

I also think that due to the 'pissing contest' nature of the hand, and the fact that niether of you seems to be crediting the other with much of a hand, its unlikely you could bet or C/R him off the best hand in a headsup pot that big.

In addition, i think that in this situation, a check/fold is too weak simply because yeah, if he bets the river theres a decent chance its a value bet and you are beaten, it also sounds like a situation where the guy might fire the last barrel with any hand at all, so my take on this is that youve gotten yourself in this pot up to your eyeballs, for better or worse, and youve got to call it down and hope YHIG.

I have been in many of these situations in big live HU games, and it a real bitch.

You could conceivably bet/fold, and theres an infinitesimal chance that he'd fold a hand like 88--but i wouldnt bet on it (no pun intended)