Old 05-25-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: WSOP Event #2 Nightmare

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mountains of evidence

[/ QUOTE ]

Like what?

[/ QUOTE ]

One example -- during one of the preliminary events in the Las Vegas WSOP Circuit, just before play began they announced that the 75-150 level would be eliminated.

In other words, caveat emptor. They can -- and I suspect will -- change the rules.

I guess my hope would be that they'd use 40 minute levels instead of 60 minute levels with bigger jumps between levels.

I actually think if they are going to run a 1,300 person event with such a relatively low buy-in, there's nothing wrong with treating it like a smaller tournament.

On the other hand, if they want to make it a 3 day event, go ahead -- give us more starting chips and one hour rounds.

Just to give some perspective, I played a 76 person tournament yesterday at Bellagio, bubbling. The rounds were 40 minutes long and the blinds started at 25-50 not 25-25. When I bubbled, the tournament was 5 hours long already and probably had another 2 hours or so left in it -- at least.

Now Harrah's is proposing a tournament with lower starting blinds and 50% longer levels. But they expect something on the order of 17x more people, and are willing to take up to 26x more people. There isn't a linear relationship between size of field and length of tournament, but still, I'm having trouble understanding how exactly Event #2 won't be a nightmare.

Did anyone play it last year? What were the experiences then?