View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 07:18 AM

Default Re: Is this straight draw worth calling until the river?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't call this an open end straight draw. You have a double gut draw, where a 5 would make you the nut, but not the 9. Don't think you can count all your outs here. With the turn your done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling the Weak Tight Police...calling the Weak Tight Police...

Do you think the QJ fairy's in this pot waiting to bust hero for calling with *gasp* the potentially wrong straight on this board, or do you think that the 4 pairing means that if a 5 or 9 were to come on the river Hero has any significant chance of losing to a full house? Both? Can I interest you in this rock that keeps tigers away?

edit: I fold PF because if I see this kind of flop I have to checkraise it and that's potentially a bad thing for my stack.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was simply pointing out that it's differant than an open ended, and might want to consider them differant. Nothing more. As for when the 4 fell, the hand ends there. Someone's stack should be in the middle before the river. No way am I simply calling a bet on that turn. If you are simply chasing the double gutshot straight on a paired board while calling a 3/4 pot bet on the flop and a "decent" size bet on the turn, you are making a mistake. Weak tight my ass. You flat called this guys bet on the flop. He's shown weakness with the bet on the turn. Depending on my read, I'm probably pushing here. He has to have a real hand to call. And if he does, I do have outs.

Calling all the way to the river on a double gutshot straight draw on a paired board is simply wrong. If you are simply going to chase with position with this hand, fold preflop, and wait for a place to push.

Later,
Rick