View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Improving my game

I'm up $66 in ummm around 2months of playat 0.05/0.10 games at a fairly unpopular site(4000 players or so online at same time - Prob 7000 members overall).

It sure is slow, and having only read ITH and keeping strict to my starting hands i've moved up and down.

I started with $20 deposit, Played 0.02/0.04 got to $30 and moved up ASAP.

I then withdrew $20 when i hit $40 and the bad side of "varience" hit me.

Dropping to an all time low of $4 i went to 0.02/0.04 and worked up again to $20...

Went back to 0.05/0.10 and played the same game. Now i'm up to $68 currently.

Sat on a table this minute up 23BBs/93hands.

Recently purchased SSH and having read 60pages will re-read it 3times before i use its advice.

I've gone for a more agressive game now, This has given me more varience due to bad beats being more expensive and wins being bigger.

My bluffing skills have also developed.

Anyhow - I'd say leave party if you have cleared your bonus? and go to a site like Pokerstars play lower limits .25/.50 maybe.

At my site .25/.50s are full of agressive players, THis causes bad beats and wins with high cards very often.

0.05/0.10 and .10/.20 is totally different game, the agression is still there but only on made hands (Maybe semi bluffs on OESD/Flushes not made but with 8 - 9outs etc).

Work your BR up and move up limits gradually.

I'm a beginner, Being a student i've had to avoid risking my money and keep strictly to profit and sensible bankroll decisions.

Good luck, Just my 2cents but move down..

It may be varience hitting you bad... Partypoker is supposedly chrushable? Are you playing scared? Anyhow, Personally i'd say move down and improve your game whilst working up your BR - But this advice is "Playing it safe".

You may keep at .50/1 and chrush it and have a HUGE bankroll at the end of month.. But i'd rather drop and have my BR than risk losing it all.

Good luck - By the way, My site is small so i have notes on 1/10th of players and know them fairly well - This of course helps me Vs unknowns on partypoker. However i dont have PT or Playerview to help me.