View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 06:09 AM

Default Re: Errrrrrr.. Who calls this?

[ QUOTE ]
You have only $74 left on the river. Call unless your opponents is a tight nutpeddler.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. What does me having "only" $74 mean? $74 is a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
No, I asked if you'd call 1/2 a pot sized bet with the hand you had. Is there a size that you would call? Why would I ask if you'd call with 99? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative. You asked if I'd call a 1/2 pot sized bet, to which I replied, "I don't know." Then after that question, you asked, "How would you have played the river if you held pocket 99's?." To which I replied, "If I had the boat I obviously call." The boat being 9s full of Kings.

[ QUOTE ]
Never mind Skeme, good hand. Did you have a question about the hand since you already were convinced of the answer to the title of your post?

[/ QUOTE ]

My question was, "Who calls this?" I wanted advice on my laydown, and I'm receiving it.

[ QUOTE ]
I remember watching this hand oddly enough. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure this was you. You had just entered the table and the guy who went all in on the river had been playing incredibly loose and bluffing up a storm before you got there. I was going to say something to you but of course I didn't know what you had at the time. When you said something like "AK is no good" afterwards I was shaking my head. I am certain your hand was better. He didn't even have a K.

edit: I am certain he didn't have 88, 99, str8 or any of the other possibilities discussed in this thread. I had been watching him for an hour prior to this and he was as maniacal as they come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's just [censored] great. Thanks for the heads up, although I probably could've done without this bit of information. Actually, I still stand by my laydown. Against a decent player, I'll fold this. Had I known this guy was a moron, I would've called. I think I should've called anyway, as these limits are full of idiots, and I usually label them idiots until they display a decent amount of skill. Minraise, check-call, check-call, jam sets off my monster alarm. Bah.

[ QUOTE ]
After that your flop bet is fine but your turn bet sucks. Just check behind with the intention of calling a reasonable river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally do not get this. What in the hell am I afraid of here? I have trips with the best kicker. My opponent is check-calling me and I'm supposed to check turn and call river? Why?