View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 11:54 PM

Default Re: Metropolis vs Aztar this weekend

I haven't played at Metropolis, but I go to Aztar about once or twice a month. They usually have 1 NL table there on the weekends. 5/10 blinds I think. For your friend, the lowest limit spread is 5/10, which I highly recommend unless he just doesn't have the bankroll for it. If he considers himself a winning player at any level he won't have a problem with Aztar 5/10. There's a range of players there, about 60% of them have no clue what they're doing and are there to gamble it up. Super loose/Super passive guys. They'll call you down with bottom pair or less and play practically anything PF. Another 20% are the tight/passive regular locals who go there just to socialize. They're probably the hardest to beat. The other 20% are the experts who like to talk about basic poker theory and then grossly misapply the concepts. Sometimes you'll get a table full of the tight players and you won't earn much, other times you'll get a table full of the gamblers and you'll get used to seeing 10 players to the flop. I live at Ft Campbell and I'll be going up at least one day this weekend, probably two. If you end up picking Aztar let me know, and I'll try to make it up on Sunday.