View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Jackpot Jay: HOH fan!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ugh he's an idiot.
Why does ESPN pay him? Seriously...he sucks so much it gets me frustrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can say this about a lot of the writers/anchors/announcers at ESPN (with the exception of the late great Hunter S Thompson), seriously think Norman Chad, or that other guy who doesn't know anything about poker, there is a lot of crap in this industry.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree there's some garbage out there and people who are paid to write just because of who they are (John Kruk and Phil Hellmuth come to mind). But Jackpot Jay has to be the worst.

I'm a big fan of good sports writing. I think Bill Simmons (also on ESPN Page 2) is incredible. I've been reading his columns for probably 8 years now...way before he made his way onto ESPN. Rick Reilly is another of my favorites. I don't always agree or like everything he writes, but either way, he does it well. I just finished Jim McManus' Positively Fifth Street...he's another good writer and I'll look into some of his other work after reading that.

Plain and simple: Jackpot Jay sucks. Did anyone else read/skim his All-In Awards? WTF was that? His writing has no style and no point. He's the worst of the worst.