View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: MYTH-FACT: JUDICIAL FILIBUSTERS

[ QUOTE ]
tell me some of the things "god" can add to my life. (aside from teh comfort of conformity and the abdication of reason.) and note I don't dismiss christianity as a whole. it was a profound revolution and advance from more particularistic barbarisms. but now it's time to get past it and keep moving.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well God can add eternal salvation. On a more practical level, without positing the existence of God, its hard to argue for any sort of objective moral standards. And your abdication of reason comment is both snide and completely wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
ps. in the last few days another news item that really disturbed me was that the air force academy is over run by christian fundamentalists who badger and persecute non-members of the sect. each time I hear one of these things again, I become that much more detached from this place, adopting an attitude of pure expediency and self service. I'll have nothing ot do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is abdicating from reason again? Did you investigate the facts behind that story or did you just blindly accept it because it fit with what your view of how things really are?