View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Is this straight draw worth calling until the river?

[ QUOTE ]
why are you calling this hand? what is your SN?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since just about everyone thinks this was a horrible play, my thoughts on playing it:

Preflop - I am the chip leader. I like hands like this in multiway pots, and have yet to play such a situation this game. For those of you who don't play pokerstars, there is a TON of time before blinds start to nearly threaten my stack - 200/400 level in over 20 minutes. SB and BB dont really raise much, so i expect to see this flop. I would fold to a RR.

Flop - I have an open ended st8 draw which is hard to see, increasing my implied odds. busting someone when it hits would make my stack VERY nice entering bubble play. I feel that SB will call also, he is VERY loose (was the 3rd to call an all in on level 1 w 66, the board flushed, so they split it)...I like my odds here.

Note - granted a 9 makes JQ the better st8, but I doubt BB would raise w that, and SB is just so bad so far I put him on just about nothing.

Turn - yeah, prob not the best call, but not horrible IMO. I dont figure him for trip 4s and certainly not a boat, yet at least.

Both short stacks busted the next hand and I went on taking first during 200/400....