View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Low pair, High board, and an LP

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Shalara is MP2 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Shalara calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Shalara bets</font>, CO calls, BB folds, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (3.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Shalara ???

Don't remember much about this table except that it was fairly loose &amp; passive, and the players seemed straightforward. I can figure CO to call with any piece or draw, though if he had an ace, I'd expect a flop raise (unless it was a very weak ace). I was hoping to take the pot down with a flop bet before anyone could draw to a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grunching.

Raise preflop. THat makes the hand a lot easier to play too.
Flop bet is okay, but CO calling is the worst possible case. These players are the most annoying, they'll peel the flop with almost anything, and then bet the turn almost every time when checked to, so it's really tough. But check/folding the turn isn't terrible.