View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 02:17 AM

Default Re: So my mid-end game sucks

Oh I sure as hell want to take down the blinds, otherwise why would I bother contemplating such garbage as K8o?

The problem is that to gain 150, I have to risk something. Sometimes my entire stack is needed, sometimes not. Sometimes I can bail on a steal attempt without putting all my money in. Sometimes I can't. I'm just having issues sorting out those categories.

Reflecting on this, I think I would benefit from trying to play push/fold poker in those spots. I'm worrying too much about "getting away" and should just shove it or shut up. Some suck out training couldn't hurt: know any good books?

Theres still plenty of analysis to be had on the topic. If youre completely and utterly card dead and running desperately out of time, you obviously shove any two at some point. You also are appearing tight, if anyone is paying attention, which can work to your advantage.

And in the 12 BB situation on the button, what hands would you push? Raise? Fold? I'll throw out a range and see what people think, assuming regular $33 on party with SB and BB having the same stack you do.

Push: A8+, KJ+, 55+, KTs, QJs
Raise: Axs, A5-A7, K7-KT, QJo, QT, Q9s, QQ-AA
Fold: The rest