View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Whats the most stupid thing you have ever done while drunk?

This isn't the dumbest, but it's more interesting than driving or puking on someone.

Living in SF in college we lived in an apartment on the 6th floor on Sutter. We had some people over and we were all drinking. We decided that we'd throw this huge watermelon our friend had brought over out the window into the street. I decided it'd be great to photograph from the street level.

I went downstairs to get ready to shoot it, and make sure there weren't any people or cars coming that we'd hit. My roomate who was going to throw yelled to me "You ready?" and I said "No" which he maybe thought was "Go" and he launches it. My camera wasn't even on yet.

Anyway, he throws it almost directly towards me, and we lived across the street from a hotel, so now a couple is pulling up to the valet. This is why I told him "no" earlier. They're getting out as the melon is flying down.

The melon hits the floor and I never realized how much juice is inside these things. The guy's girlfriend is already almost fully out of the car, and he's talking to the valet. The splash from the juice hits him, hits me, and then in a really wierd moment, sort of flows in a big wave towards the curb, hits the curb, and splashes back and upward all over the guy's girl and his car.

So now everyone upstairs in our apartment is laughing loudly and I'm standing next to a very angry guy covered in watermelon juice and holding a camera.

I said something like "Whoa, what the [censored] was that?" in my worst surprised acting voice and walked back to my apartment. I guess the guy followed me in and complained to our doorman. After about 5 minutes back in my apartment we figured we shouldn't be there, and we left out a side entrance, and saw cops showing up. Nothing happened though because the doorman was very cool with me and we got back from the bar and there were no problems.