View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 10:03 PM

Default A new \"Miscellaneous Stats Tab\" post . . .

Hi, my name is Grisgra, and I have forgotten how to play poker. Seems like it, anyway -- 3BB/100 over 25k hands in March and April, but about running even this month after a super sucky 200BB slide. Some of it, certainly, is horrible luck, but there's definitely some crappy play in there. I just can't tell which is the bigger culprit.

Since I'm new to 10/20, I really can't tell whether I was just running fantastic in March and April, and whether my "true colors" are finally coming out, or whether I was running okay/good in March/April, and this month is just mostly bad luck, not a bad playing style.

I know enough about the main stats that I'm not going to bore you with those -- I'm going to tighten up some to help reduce variance/marginal spots for awhile, blah blah blah. But these stats . . . well, I think there's something in here.

Three questions for all of you 10/20'ers (and others in general) running at 2BB/100+ over lots o' hands:

1) How much do you win with 2-pair compared to pairs and three-of-a-kind?
2) How much do you win with high card compared with one pair?
3) How often, %-wise, do you see a showdown with one pair/high card?

Looking for ratios here. My results were very different from, I think, Alobar's for 2BB/100 at 5/10 -- hugely different. Not sure what to make of it. Looking at my results, the biggest gap seems to be the results for 2-pair. I'm winning the same % at showdown, but a HELL of a lot less money this month with two-pair. Enough of a discrepancy in ratio, in fact, that between that and my only winning with 80% of my boats and flushes, it almost explains the entire discrepancy between this month and the last two.

Anyway, throwing these out there for consideration. Thanks much!

Oh: the Original link