View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 09:50 PM

Default Playing part time this summer. Am I overlooking anything?

Alright, I'm going to commit to playing poker part-time this summer. Stuck in a college town over the summer doing research, so it's going to be dead and there's going to be plenty of time to kill. Below is what I plan on doing, and I'm hoping you guys can give me feedback on anything I'm overlooking that would maximize profit.

I currently play 4 tables of 2/4. I'll bump that up to 6 tables soon once I get a 2nd monitor, and after a month or so my bankroll should be sufficient for 3/6 (assuming no drastic downswings). My only account so far is at Party, so I plan on signing up for some new accounts and doing the following:

Eurobet will be my primary account (28% rakeback).
FullTilt will be my secondary account when I want to play more than four tables (25% rakeback).
Bodog will be used for the unlimited 20% bonus on occasion, for variety.
I'll have an Empire account primarily for reload bonuses, although this will also carry 26% rakeback.
My Party account will remain open to take advantage of reload bonuses.

I plan on getting in at least 1000 hands a day. So in rakeback each month, I should be making around $800 (4 tables) to $1200 (6 tables) at 2/4, or $1000 (4 tables) to $1500 (6 tables) at 3/6, if my estimates are right. So it seems like rakeback will be better than bonus whoring every site. I want to play in the softer games, so I'm sticking to Party skins, FullTilt, and Bodog.

So, anything I should change? Seems like other sites such as Pokerstars and UltimateBet aren't really worth signing up for if I'm not going to be bonus whoring, but any advice would be appreciated.