View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 08:31 AM

Default My official withdrawal from the 120K Challenge at TGC

I have taken myself out of the 120K Quest for the WSOP seat.

Main Reason: A sustainable loss.

My play has been poor. After have positive days (not great, but up) I took a huge beating in the last few hours of Saturday night.

I could very easily throw another lump sum into the account and begin playing again, but in order to hit the 100K hands / 15K rake – I would have to average about 10 hours a day over the next 39 days. This does not seem like a good idea considering the beating that I have been allowing myself to take.

I can very easily blame bad beats, My last hand was a no limit hand, where I flopped a set of 9’s. The Villain had AA and runner-runner hearts gave him a flush. That was a 600+ pot and would have given me some life. But, what’s done is done.

I really want to wish all the players still alive in this quest, the best of luck. I hope you all succeed. Not only get there, but make a profit in the time being. Then, Money at the WSOP.

Me – I need to start over and rebuild my bankroll from the little pile it has become. Maybe, luck will repay me by allowing me to win the WSOP Zoo raffle.

I would also like to thank TOT for allowing this opportunity. Sites that care about the player are the sites that we should support.