View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 05:22 AM

Default I\'d like to share an interesting quote from an interesting book.

According to the book, "Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know About", Kevin Trudeau states the following: "Medical science believes that thoughts could never alone cure or cause disease. However, it is interesting to point out that medical science can not dispute the "placebo" effect. The placebo effect is when a person is given a "placebo," which is in effect nothing, yet their disease is cured. This occurs because the patient believes that what he is taking will cure the disease. His thoughts basically cause the cure. This happens in as many as 40 percent of the cases. Imagine, up to 40 percent of the time a person with a dreaded disease cures himself with his own thoughts!" Right when I finished reading that statement, the book, "Think and Grow Rich", by Napoleon Hill, popped up in my mind. Anyways, I would appreciate your comments on Trudeau's statement.

P.S. Another statement Trudeau makes several paragraphs below the one above: "Words have power. Most people speak words that increase body stress and turn the body's pH from alkaline to acidic. Words can change the way we think and feel. Researchers have concluded that speaking the correct form of words and thinking the correct thoughts actually changes a person's DNA." I would appreciate your comments on this statement as well. Thank you guys for taking the time to read this. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]