View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 07:06 AM

Default Re: FA Cup Final - Arsenal vs Man Utd

[ QUOTE ]

Very impressed with Liverpool's match strategy up to this point in the Champions League. On paper you gotta give this one to AC Milan though. I don't care how much you like Baros, Cisse and Luis Garcia. They've done reasonably well this season but they're not European quality (at least not yet). What got Liverpool to the final was good strategy and tactics and a lotta heart. They're gonna need that again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course Milan has to be favored on paper. And there is no doubt that Liverpool has beaten better teams with good strategy/effort. I'm not big on Baros, and Cisse isn't 100%, but I disagree with what you said about Garcia. Atleast from what I have seen this year (6 or 7 EPL games and several CL games) Luis Garcia has been oustanding, especially against Chelsea and Juve. I wish I could watch move EPL games, I only get a couple per week at school and none at home.

[ QUOTE ]

Lastly, would it be so hard to stop this [censored] rivalry [censored] between English teams? They're all good teams, some better than others but there's no need to slag on the rivals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I don't hate any soccer teams because I've never been able to follow soccer closely enough. It just isn't on TV. I'm a Liverpool fan, but I watch it more because I love soccer, not because I love Liverpool.

But coming from someone who is an a certifiable NFL nut (and Eagles fanatic), I don't think there is anything wrong with hating other teams, as long as you stop short of doing anything illegal and dangerous. There are teams that I cannot stand (mainly Dallas and Tampa), and there are legitamite reasons for it, such as players from those teams taunting our players and fans.

When Tampa won the NFC championship game in Philadelphia (a game I was at), their players damn near started a riot by taunting Philly fans behind their bench. If this isn't a reason to hate a team/players, I don't know what is.