View Single Post
Old 04-23-2003, 08:44 PM

Default Re: flop call or flop caca?

hi mike
not crazy about the pre-flop. you have the correct odds on the flop to call given your read. you want passive and 15-1 or so odds so you like the over-calls, don't like any raises here.

here's where i don't follow, the turn. you have picked a one card draw and have correctly checked. when the CO is checked to and bets, you must grab hold of the possibility that he is betting because of weakness shown by the checks to him, capitalize on your position, and raise. you also have a pair; another good reason to raise. you must also get the gut-shots out. remember something very importantly here, o.k. i'm not grammatically correct, but do remember that the gut-shots in the hand are correct to call your bet because of the implied action they will receive from your one card draw. also, you may not be done yet with the CO. this is an excellent opportunity to reraise his reraise if he reraises! your not considering your possible 4 bet. and yes you will bet out on the river and show-down.

if you miss and get beaten here mike, your good to go for the rest of the night; ain't no one gonna mess with you. and if they do, they have the goods. i like hammering here on the turn.